Please note, this list is updated as regularly as possible, but may slightly differ from reality on any given day.
Probably on tap:
Brewed in collaboration with our Spring 2018 Spare Keys Incubator Program participant and future BubbleHouse Brewery owner, Jon Miller! This recipe is Jon’s baby, all growed up for commercial production.
“Migratory” Toasted Coconut Golden Ale — it’s back!
Our golden ale, racked over 50 lbs of toasted coconut
“A Tree for My Bed” Saison with Star Thistle Honey
A light and dry saison with floral hints
“Tears Like the Rain” Tripel with Pineapple
Our Belgian Tripel, with pineapple
“Friends Don’t Lie” American Pale Ale
A dry-hopped pale ale that tastes of grapefruit and smells like heaven
“Trouble Won’t Trouble You” Black IPA
Moderately roasty and dryhopped with Amarillo for bright, orangey bitterness
“Shoot the Glass” Marzen-style Lager — OKTOBERFEST!
Toasted malt, crisp body, spicy hop notes to balance it all out
“Don’t Blink” Scotch Ale
Malty and rich, with notes of caramel and toffee
“Snuffed Out” Imperial Stout
A rich stout with bittersweet balance
Rose Cider – Gluten-Free!
Hand-crafted by the talented folks at Two Fools Cider in Naperville
4-packs of 16 oz. cans of “Migratory” Toasted Coconut Golden Ale
64 oz. growlers of most, if not all, beers (no growlers of cider)
Working on it:
“Mayor Wilson” Golden Ale
General stuff to know about the taproom:
- Adults-only in the taproom; Front room is 21+ only after 8pm
- When you first walk into Skeleton Key Brewery, you’ll pass through our event/classroom space, which is open seating for all patrons when class is not in session.
- The taproom is in the brewery proper, separated only by a half-wall so you can enjoy your beer against a backdrop of gleaming stainless steel and bearded dudes. Dude. Bearded dude. The other one is barely able to muster up a goatee.
- Bring a board game, order-in food from any of the great spots nearby, play shuffleboard or request a brewing book from the bookshelf behind the bar to sip on some knowledge along with your beer. We’ll announce all food truck visits on our Facebook page so you can plan dinner accordingly.
- In addition to our regular lineup, we’ll also have one tap dedicated to experimental beers that can only be found at the taproom — and are only available to members of the Skullmuggery Society. A limited number of new annual memberships are made available every now and then…
- Well-behaved children are allowed, but only in the front seating area (bar area is adults-only) and they must be accompanied by their parents at all times.
- Though we personally love dogs, we cannot allow them in the building unless they are service animals.
Past beers (which you may see again!) include:
“Jupiter’s Thunder” Double dry-hopped Double IPA
With Falconer’s Flight and El Dorado hops
“Mayor Wilson” Golden Ale
Light, crisp and very drinkable
“Little Hoarse” Berliner Weisse
A delicately sour beer with a funky finish
“7th Evil Ex” Schwarzbier
German-style black lager that looks dark but drinks light
“Bitter Friends” IPA
A hop-bombed version of our all-Centennial favorite, Friends Don’t Lie
“Petal Pusher” Wheat Ale brewed with Wild Rose Petals
A light summer sipper, crafted in collab with Chef Pete Coenen of Cherry Circle Room and Lonesome Rose
“Eyes Unclouded” Belgian Tripel
Spicy, creamy and effervescent — this one will sneak up on you!
An all-Amarillo-hopped pale, crafted in collab with Sovereign and The Constable Tattoo Parlor
“Strike First” Peach Berliner Weisse
Infused with the power of peaches! No mercy!
“Strike Hard” Wheat Ale with Guava
A wheat ale with a tropical touch of guava
“Professor Murder” American IPA
Thirst-slaying, single-hop Citra IPA
“Racecars, Lasers, Aeroplanes” Wee Heavy
A rich, Scotch-style ale with caramel sweetness
“Locked & Loaded” IPA — almost gone!
Garage Band Brewing’s inaugural release! Brewed with Chris Fleming and Craig Brazeau, the first “graduates” of our Spare Keys Incubator Program
“Abraca-pocus” Porter with Vanilla Bean
A malty porter kissed with vanilla
“Redsen” Irish Red Ale
Brewed with the Best of Show winners of our 1st annual Spare Keys Homebrew Competition, Handtruck Brewing’s Scott Theisen and Chuck Redpath!
“Saudade” Belgian Witbier
Brewed with chrysanthemum, sage and bitter orange peel
“Captain Tragedy” IPA
An American IPA hopped with Warrior, Amarillo and a huge heap of Mosaic
Barrel-Aged “Racecars, Lasers, Aeroplanes” Wee Heavy (22 oz bombers)
Aged in rye barrels from Journeyman Distillery
“Put Up Your Dux” Belgian Wit
A pale wheat beer with coriander and sweet & sour orange peel
“Clever Girl” Gin barrel-aged Saison
A tart farmhouse-style beer brewed with wild-foraged sumac and white peppercorn, partially fermented with brettanomyces
“Knobhead” British-style Pale Ale
Brings together caramel, earthiness and a hoppy bite for a delightful pint
“Uncrustable” PB & J Brown Ale
Experimental beer with raspberry puree and peanut butter added
“Kings and Streetsweepers” Smoked Stout
A summer-weight stout with just the right touch of smoke from cherrywood-smoked malt
“Tais-Toi” Oat Saison
A light and refreshing saison brewed with oats for a silky mouthfeel
“Space Plans C” IPA
An American IPA dry-hopped with citrusy Centennial and Cascade and a touch of Mackinac hops
“Passionfruit Saudade” Witbier
A brunch beer if we ever saw one.
“Green-Ryed Girl” Sesame Rye ale
Brewed specially for our Vietnamese-style beer dinner with Roaming Hog
“If We’re Not Back by Dawn…” Porter
A light-bodied, malty brown porter with coffee notes and a touch of caramel
“It’s a Toaster, Frank!” Mexican Hot Cocoa Porter
Brewed with vanilla, cacao, cayenne and cinnamon, and garnished with a torched marshmallow
“Agatha” Black IPA with Chantrelles
Experimental beer, smooth and rich with umami and earthiness