Currently on tap:
“Mayor Wilson” Golden Ale
Light, crisp and very drinkable
“Migratory” Toasted Coconut Golden Ale
Our golden ale, racked over 50 lbs of toasted coconut
“Saudade” Belgian Witbier
Brewed with chrysanthemum, sage and bitter orange peel
“Friends Don’t Lie” American Pale Ale
A dry-hopped pale ale that tastes of grapefruit and smells like heaven
“Captain Tragedy” IPA
An American IPA hopped with Warrior, Amarillo and a huge heap of Mosaic
“Jupiter’s Thunder” Double dry-hopped Double IPA
With Falconer’s Flight and El Dorado hops
“Redsen” Irish Red Ale
Brewed with the Best of Show winners of our 1st annual Spare Keys Homebrew Competition, Handtruck Brewing’s Scott Theisen and Chuck Redpath!
“Snuffed Out” Imperial Stout
A full-bodied stout with bittersweet balance
“Abraca-pocus” Porter with Vanilla Bean
“Saudade” Witbier with Sour Cherries
Limited number of 22 oz bottles available:
Barrel-Aged “Racecars, Lasers, Aeroplanes” Wee Heavy
Aged in rye barrels from Journeyman Distillery
General stuff to know about the taproom:
- When you first walk into Skeleton Key Brewery, you’ll pass through our event/classroom space, which is open seating for all patrons when class is not in session.
- The taproom is in the brewery proper, separated only by a half-wall so you can enjoy your beer against a backdrop of gleaming stainless steel and bearded dudes. Dude. Bearded dude. The other one is barely able to muster up a goatee.
- Bring a board game, order-in food from any of the great spots nearby, play shuffleboard or request a brewing book from the bookshelf behind the bar to sip on some knowledge along with your beer. We’ll announce all food truck visits on our Facebook page so you can plan dinner accordingly.
- In addition to our regular lineup, we’ll also have one tap dedicated to experimental beers that can only be found at the taproom — and are only available to members of the Skullmuggery Society. A limited number of new annual memberships are made available every now and then…
- Well-behaved children are allowed, but only in the front seating area (bar area is adults-only) and they must be accompanied by their parents at all times.
- Though we personally love dogs, we cannot allow them in the building unless they are service animals.
Past beers (which you may see again!) include:
“Racecars, Lasers, Aeroplanes” Wee Heavy
A rich, Scotch-style ale with caramel sweetness
“Put Up Your Dux” Belgian Wit
A pale wheat beer with coriander and sweet & sour orange peel
“Clever Girl” Gin barrel-aged Saison
A tart farmhouse-style beer brewed with wild-foraged sumac and white peppercorn, partially fermented with brettanomyces
“Knobhead” British-style Pale Ale
Brings together caramel, earthiness and a hoppy bite for a delightful pint
“Don’t Blink” Scotch Ale
Malty and rich, with notes of caramel and toffee
“Shoot the Glass” Marzen-style Lager — OKTOBERFEST!
Toasted malt, crisp body, spicy hop notes to balance it all out
“Uncrustable” PB & J Brown Ale
Experimental beer with raspberry puree and peanut butter added
“Kings and Streetsweepers” Smoked Stout
A summer-weight stout with just the right touch of smoke from cherrywood-smoked malt
“Tais-Toi” Oat Saison
A light and refreshing saison brewed with oats for a silky mouthfeel
“Little Hoarse” Berliner Weisse
A delicately sour beer with a funky finish
“Trouble Won’t Trouble You” Black IPA
Moderately roasty and dryhopped with Amarillo for bright, orangey bitterness
“Abraca-pocus” Vanilla Porter
A malty brown porter kissed with vanilla
“Space Plans C” IPA
An American IPA dry-hopped with citrusy Centennial and Cascade and a touch of Mackinac hops
“Passionfruit Saudade” Witbier
A brunch beer if we ever saw one.
“Green-Ryed Girl” Sesame Rye ale
Brewed specially for our Vietnamese-style beer dinner with Roaming Hog
“If We’re Not Back by Dawn…” Porter
A light-bodied, malty brown porter with coffee notes and a touch of caramel
“It’s a Toaster, Frank!” Mexican Hot Cocoa Porter
Brewed with vanilla, cacao, cayenne and cinnamon, and garnished with a torched marshmallow
“Agatha” Black IPA with Chantrelles
Experimental beer, smooth and rich with umami and earthiness